Thursday, August 5, 2010

Plenty of Peaches

Most people have heard of the Georgia Peach. But if you want my honest opinion, the Alabama peach tastes even better! They are delicious and in season from May through August. This past week, Jesse's parents visited some friends of theirs and came home with bags of peaches. I LOVE peaches, but when they're in such abundance, they go bad before you can eat them all! So I went into overdrive finding ways to use them up for later. The outcome: We had jars of peach freezer jam, a container of homemade peach ice cream, two loaves of peach bread (kind of like banana bread but with peaches instead), and two peach crisps. I threatened to make peach soup, but Jesse and Trent devoured the remainder of the peaches before I had the chance! Sweets don't stand a chance in our house. Both crisps are already gone!

No comments: