Thursday, February 17, 2011

Kicking it Up A Notch

I've been toying with the idea of doing a few sprint triathlons again this summer. I did them regularly for a few years, but I haven't done one since 2007. In 2008, I was pregnant with Trent. In 2009, I had just had Trent. In 2010, I was pregnant with Sean. Now, I have several months to get back in shape before the season starts and I have no plans of being pregnant in 2011. So we'll see. If nothing else, it's motivation to work out and lose the last bit of baby weight. This week was my first week of tri training. I made it to body pump twice (weight training), ran and biked. I haven't squeezed in swimming yet, but hopefully that'll happen tomorrow. It's always the hardest for me because of the three areas (run/bike/swim), I enjoy it the least. So it takes more motivation than biking and running, which I really love doing. My hamstrings have been crying uncle but once they get over the shock of exercising them regularly, it will improve.

No comments: