Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Comical Trip to the Library

TJ is nine months old today!

We decided today was a good day to take our first trip to the library. I had to return some books, pay the overdue fees, and rent a few audiobooks for the long car ride ahead of us. Trent and I loaded up in the car and we were off. Once we got to the library, I realized that I had grabbed my purse, but left my wallet on the dining room table. So we headed back home, unloaded the two of us out of the car, climbed the two flights of stairs, grabbed the wallet, reloaded us into the car and took off for Round 2 of Going to the Library. Once in the library, we returned our books, paid our late fees and headed down to level one to find some audiobooks. Once we got the corner they were in, Trent decided that the library was entirely too quiet so he started "singing." As all eyes turned to him and his fabulous singing, he crescendoed to full volume. I attempted to hush him a couple of times, but he just responded with a look like, "Mama, look at my captive audience!" So while I accelerated my book selection and Trent carried a tune for all to hear; Trent must have thought that we were not making enough of a scene, because he determined this was also the optimal time to take an enormous dump. The kind of dump you can smell instantly and have to check your own shirt to make sure you're not only smelling it, but wearing it as well. Thankfully, I was only smelling it, but so was everyone else within a mile radius of the library. At this point, I thought we best head home since our audience was hardly chanting for an encore. We checked out and headed out the door. (Maybe our fans gave us our standing ovation AFTER we left the building.) So for all those who enjoyed our library debut today, see you again in two weeks!

In other random and slightly comical news, the bird has now been pecking at the window for eight days straight. Even Trent and the dogs have noticed our lovely, little red friend. I don't have the heart to harm him, especially because he must be a special, little bird since he's either trying to mate or fight with my window. His pecking doesn't bother me, but I am contemplating ways to train him to jump off the sill before "doing his business."

No comments: