Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Midweek Menu

This has not been much of a cooking week. We've been spending a lot of time with friends before we go into 'new baby hibernation' mode. TJ and I are also fighting colds so my energy level has not been great. The veggie box this week was a good one though. Thankfully, it's a lot of things we eat raw so I haven't done much menu planning. We had our share of greens for the last three weeks so I opted out of receiving kale and lettuce this week. Instead, I got a double order of tangerines and tomatoes. We also received a pumpkin and a mix of turnips, carrots and parsnips. I've never made anything pumpkin that didn't use the canned pumpkin so that will be the interesting cooking/baking adventure this week.

Meal time with TJ has become more of a challenge. He just does not want to stop to eat. He is obsessed with balls and cars and would rather play. His snacks tend to be sliced tomato, whole wheat graham crackers, roasted winter veggies, etc. If he's going to be finicky about eating, then when he does eat, it's going to be healthy!

I am now at 37 weeks. My contractions have been ramping up. My doctor asked that I go easy this week as far as exercising in hopes that we can keep the baby in one more week (better chance of lung development). So that's the plan - hopefully baby agrees! Not feeling 100% and keeping busy with friends has made it much easier to keep my mind off exercising.

No comments: