Saturday, November 13, 2010

SEC West Champs and Cam Controversy

Auburn beat Georgia 49-31!!! It was a good game. It looked like all the media distractions had gotten to them in the beginning, but they pulled it together in the second half. This win puts Auburn in the SEC championship game! We still have to play Alabama before that.

I love watching Auburn football. Period. But, this year has been especially exciting to watch our offense. Cam Newton is a very talented player. There has been so much trash talking surrounding him this past week. I hate to see the university I love under attack. I get incredibly frustrated with the media because there hasn't been any proof yet. It's all, "allegedly, allegedly... from an unnamed source." The allegations may turn out true, but the media is always out to blow things out of proportion for a good story. Drama sells so when there isn't much going on, stir things up. It doesn't matter who they slander in the meantime. I hate to see anyone's name dragged through the mud before they are actually proven guilty. The last time Auburn went undefeated was in 2004 and they were left out of the title game. Coming through the SEC schedule is incredibly tough, so yes, I am biased to an SEC team that comes out undefeated in our conference. Teams like Oregon or Boise State rarely play ranked opponents. Auburn faces ranked opponents almost every week. I am excited to see our team play in the SEC championship. I would hope that all the media drama would stop condemning a man that the NCAA has not proven guilty yet, but I am not going to hold my breath. In the meanwhile, I am giving Cam Newton and Auburn the benefit of the doubt. War Eagle!

No comments: