Monday, February 8, 2010

Rojo

Checking out Rojo

No, Trent is not headed for the rubber tree in this picture (though dumping the dirt of out of this plant is one of his favorite activities). He is checking out Rojo, a red cardinal that made our home his home back in December. Some of you may remember when I first blogged about the visit from Rojo. He incessantly pecked on our window all day long. I haven't mentioned him in a while, but he is STILL here. We are now going on two months straight of having the same red cardinal peck on the same window all day long. He doesn't bother me anymore. I have effectively tuned him out so I don't even notice the tapping. However, Trent has not had the same luck. The pecking intrigues him. So he goes over and checks on him whenever he notices the tapping. At first we thought it may have been because we had a Christmas tree in the house that Rojo was confused. However, after removing the tree from the house, he's still around. After fighting with his reflection (and also our window) for two solid months, I wonder if he thinks he's winning the battle...

No comments: