Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sew Excited!

The Machine

On Monday, I got my first sewing machine! I had been contemplating trying to learn how to sew for a while and finally took the plunge! My first project is a little romper for the boy. Summers in the south are HOT and humid so lightweight rompers are my favorite thing for him to wear (second only to his swimsuit) and they can be difficult to find. Yesterday, a friend of mine came over and helped me understand the pattern and gave me some pointers. She was definitely a big help. I find reading the pattern to be the hardest part! Another friend of mine has a habit of naming her sewing machines (she has multiple). I can already sense the attachment to my new sewing machine growing, so I'd like to give mine a nice moniker as well. Let me know if you have any suggestions for a name!


My first "Work in Progress"
(It still needs snaps on the bottom and buttons on the straps)

3 comments:

Aunt Vicki said...

Fun blog! Hey, what happened to mentioning "wonderful niece" in your profile??? Will write more sometime...soon... I hope...

Smooch your baby for me. (No, not Jesse.)

Aunt Vicki

Natalya said...

I am so happy for you. Maybe you will have more time than I do to create all kinds of wonderful things. Looks like you are off to a good start

cheryldturner said...

That's terrific for the first try. Remember what I said "Kristen's Closet"