Friday, July 16, 2010

Doctors Appointments and a Plan

Dale and Sue had meetings today with the various doctors that will be assisting with Sue's treatment. She is really blessed to have some great doctors. A friend of mine used to work with one of Sue's doctors and I asked her what he was like. Her response was, "He's fabulous. He is very smart and compassionate." Definitely what you want to hear when someone is talking about your doctor!

Sue has two treatment options. The first option is to have chemo, wait for the tumor and liver spots to shrink, and then have two surgeries to remove the liver spots and colon mass. The second option is to remove the colon mass, then after she recovers from that surgery, start the chemo to shrink the liver spots. Once they are smaller, have a second surgery to remove the liver spots. It sounds like they are leaning towards the second option.

Both Dale and Sue were optimistic and had a sense of relief after meeting with the doctors today. Both doctors took their time to explain the procedures and answer all of the questions that were asked of them.

I read this verse today and it seemed applicable for the current situation.
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (I Thes 5:16-18)

Thank you all your prayers and sweet comments. I know everyone in the family appreciates them!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Loretta, I worked with Sue when they were in Fergus. Please pass along my prayers to her and let her and Dale know I will be thinking of them. I appreciate your posts and updates. Thank you!