Thursday, July 15, 2010

Not the News We Wanted to Hear

Sue called the doctor for the results from her biopsy last week. We were all hoping that the mass in her colon was benign and that the liver spots were nothing to worry about it. Instead, we found out that she has stage 4 colon cancer and that the cancer has spread to her liver.

Sue has felt an overwhelming sense of peace and strength from God throughout this whole ordeal, but especially after hearing yesterday's news. It's like it's overflowing from her. For that, I'm very grateful.

Please continue to pray for Sue. We all hope for healing and know that God can and does perform miracles when he chooses. We don't understand why this is happening, but pray that God can use her and will be honored through it. Please continue to pray for the rest of the family as well as we adjust to what this means in the upcoming days.

They have a meeting with the doctor today to further discuss the situation and treatment options. Please pray for the doctors as they make decisions regarding her care.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

We will definitely be keeping them in our prayers.

Kelli said...

Oh Kristen, I am so sorry for you and Jesse. I can't even begin to imagine how tough this news must have been, but knowing that she is walking through this battle with the Lord certainly gives all of you strength. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers as you face these tough decisions.

annalise + andrew said...

:o( My grandma had colon cancer, so this hits very close to home! We will be praying for you all, and especially for Sue!!

Natalya said...

I am so sorry to hear this. She and your whole family will be in my prayers. Please tell Jesse that I will be thinking about him and you as well. Let me know if I can be of any help!