Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mom Habits

Today I was trying to clean up the house so that when Trent returns to it, he can go about life as usual and we won't have to worry about cleaning the mess up with him in it. Makes sense, right?
As I was cleaning the bathrooms, I found myself finishing the first bathroom and wondering how much time I had left to finish the second bathroom. Then it dawned on me that I didn't have a time limit today. Trent's still at Grandma's so I could clean the whole house room by room in one day. Normally, I break it down and clean during his naptimes so bathrooms get done on one day, the floors get washed on another day, etc and eventually by then end of the week, everything has been cleaned. Even with him not here though, I find myself efficiently working at the same hasty speed as when he's here (naptime only lasts so long, ya know!) There's no off switch for mom habits.

No comments: