Sunday, May 2, 2010

Settling Back In

Well, we're finally getting back into a routine around here. All three of us are back at home. Trent had a lot of fun at Grandma and Grandpa R's. Some highlights for Trent while he was there:

The boy LOVES country fried steak. My mom made it one night and ground it up so he could eat it. He went crazy for it!

My parents live on a lake and their property has a cove with a very gradual entrance into the lake. They took him down to the cove and fully clothed in jeans and a t-shirt, he walked straight into the water, sat down, and started playing. (The water is probably in the high 60s right now, hardly toasty, but he's a huge fan of water)

Jesse and I joined my parents and Trent for a boat ride, in which Trent drove. Thankfully, it's a big lake because he thoroughly enjoys vigorously turning the wheel back and forth. He has Grandpa wrapped around his finger too! He just walks over to Grandpa and looks up at him and smiles and he gets to sit on Grandpa's lap and steer the boat.

It's fun to see how different parents act when they are grandparents. Trent will empty out any drawer he can get his hands on. One of his favorite things to do this past week was to go and completely empty out my dad's dresser full of sweaters. I walked into their closet and there were sweaters thrown all over the floor. Something tells me if I had done that as a kid, it would not have been received the same way. He also loves to throw all of my mother's tupperware on the floor and then use them as ice skates as he skates around the kitchen floor... He is so loved!

Lots of Exploring

He can sit in this squat position for ages, I don't know how he does it!

WATER!!

Sitting on my lap but the steering wheel and Grandpa are directly behind me
(which is precisely where he's looking!)

Loves the Outdoors


As far as how things are going on the kitchen remodel front... We are loving how it has turned out so far. Currently, we are anxiously waiting on the arrival/install of our countertops. The wait thing wouldn't be a big deal except that this includes our sink. Hopefully, everything will be installed this week. I'm trying to be patient because in the long run, a week without a sink and countertop is really not that big of a deal. But when you're in the midst of it, it can get a little annoying. We went food shopping today and we are going to be eating very vegetarian this week. It's much easier to assemble salads and such than to cook without counters and water.







No comments: