Wednesday, December 8, 2010

New Normals


Tomorrow starts the beginning of our "new normal." Jesse heads back to work, so it'll be my first full day alone with the boys. I'm a little nervous and a little excited to try and start settling into a routine again. Trent has been adjusting well to having a new family member. He's constantly yelling, "baby!" I am trying not to be too overprotective because I want Trent to feel comfortable around Sean. At the same time, I don't want Sean to accidentally get hurt because of Trent's rambunctiousness, so it's a bit of a balancing act. It's an entertaining, interesting combination to pair together a high energy toddler and a newborn that sleeps, eats, and poops all day.

I put up my maternity clothes tonight. So begins the journey back to prepreggo size. I still have four and a half weeks until I can start working out again. In the meanwhile, it'll be more about resisting Christmas cookies, Christmas candy, etc. and keeping my appetite in check. When I am nursing, I am hungry all.the.time. I have to remember to eat healthy options instead of those tempting Christmas goodies!

We've had a lot of fun spending time as a family. There have been a lot of smiles!

The Comedian of the Family - He loves to make us laugh!

Is there anything better than newborn snuggles?

Proud Papa

Bundled up to play outside - its been COLD!

No comments: