Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Two in Cloth Diapers


You may remember this post, when I wrote about how we purchased a bunch of BumGenius One Size Diapers before we had Trent. After replacing the velcro with snaps, they held up great. When we found out we were pregnant with another baby, we had to figure out what to do with the diaper situation again. We initially purchased enough diapers for one baby, but not enough for two. The BumGenius diapers are expensive so I opted to make the diapers this time around. I found an easy pattern and got busy sewing. I made Trent large size pocket diapers. He has been in the same size diaper for a while and I don't see him growing out of it very soon. On the other hand, Sean will be growing rapidly for a while so he's better off in the adjustable diapers. So now we have two stacks. Trent's (on the left) are the homemade diapers and Sean's (on the right) are the BumGenius diapers. Aside from changing more diapers (which I'd be doing regardless of whether Sean wears disposables or cloth), it really hasn't been a big adjustment. I still like using cloth diapers on my kiddos. :)

No comments: