Monday, May 24, 2010

Babies Change Everything Yet Some Things Stay The Same

I had the chance to have lunch with a good friend today. She and I keep very different schedules so sometimes it's hard for us to meet up. However, when we do get together, it seems as though things always pick up right where we left off. I have been so blessed by how many of our friends that don't have children have embraced Trent with open arms. Children were hardly on my radar before I had my own. But so many of our friends are willing to adjust their schedule to what works for Trent. Today we had a picnic lunch at a park. This provides an opportunity for Trent to be as messy as he wants and nobody cares. I don't have to worry about his volume level or him throwing food on a restaurant floor. He can run circles around us in the field and it gives us an opportunity to have actual "grown up" conversation. Our friends are so good to Trent too. He has multiple "almost - aunts," in addition to his two biological aunts. I'm so thankful for the number of people that take an active interest in him.

No comments: