Monday, May 10, 2010

Pregnancy Protein Mush

As I've mentioned before, I've struggled more with nausea this pregnancy than I did with Trent's pregnancy. I've learned that allowing myself to get hungry is definitely not a good thing. If I'm hungry, I feel awful. This has forced to eat frequently. As soon as I wake up, I start eating crackers. If I stay up too long after dinner, I have to find a snack. I'm also hungrier than normal. A usual bowl of cereal at breakfast just doesn't cut it. One day this week, I had cereal followed by leftover country fried steak. The next day, I had a cereal followed by an avocado. My usual standby is made up of stuff we always have on hand and seems to do the trick on filling me up enough to keep the nausea at bay. I start with a banana and mush it up. Then I add a few big scoops of peanut butter on top of it and mix it in. Next I add a couple big scoops of raisins. Sometimes, I even add a little honey. Once it's all mixed together, it doesn't look all that appealing, but it's the perfect blend of sweet and salty and is hearty enough to keep the hunger away for a bit. I thought of this idea, because there's a little beach hut restaurant near my grandparents house in Florida that used to serve a banana, peanut butter and honey sandwich. I'm not a huge cold cut fan, so this was always a yummy treat for me.

1 comment:

Alisha McWhorter said...

Just looking through my blogs and realized it was a while since I checked out yours. And wouldn't you know it!! Congrats on the pregnancy! Can't wait for more details on your little bundle.