Monday, May 3, 2010

Date Day

The biggest skillet I've ever seen

Shot of the mountains while in Cades Cove



After all the work on the house, Jesse and I drove up to Tennessee for a few days. One of the days, my mom watched Trent so we could have a "date day." It was a lot of fun. First stop was Bass Pro Shop. Next, we went out for lunch. We went to a place called the Chop House. It was tasty. I had corn cakes topped with avocado, pico, cilantro and drizzled in dressing. Jesse had an alfredo pasta dish. After lunch, we hit the outlets. We both were on the hunt for new flip flops and Jesse wanted a new pair of sunglasses. We ended up leaving with about 5 outfits for Trent and a new pair of sunglasses for Trent and nothing for us. Ahh, oh well... :) After the outlets, we went to Cades Cove. It was a community in the Smokies before the government took over the land to make the national park. If you're ever in the Smokies, you should check it out. It's really interesting and fun to see. They have churches and homes from the mid 1800s. We also saw a lot of animal life while we were there. We saw deer, bear, and turkey. The bears were adorable. We saw two different sets of mama bears with their cubs. One set was only about 40 yards away from us and the cubs were climbing the trees. I really need to start bringing my camera with me more often so I can take pictures of things like the bears!

No comments: